I can help you at any stage of your manuscript.
Here’s the deal for you, dear writer. You have toiled and agonized. You have put your blood, sweat, and tears into your project. You have been working for so long, and so hard, into writing your piece that it has become your pestilent child: You love it so dearly that you can’t see past the kicking and screaming temper tantrum that it is throwing.
That is where I come in. I offer various editing and writing services for whatever suits your needs. As an outsider looking in, I can see objectively where your writing may need a little bump. I’ll spot an error on your page that – even in your thousandth careful reread – you may have somehow missed.
If you want to make sure that our ideas align, send me a paragraph or two and I will review it for free. We need to make sure that working together is a good match. You and I are a team in this.
The general pricing may vary based on the length of the project. For each editing service I provide, I will give your writing a minimum of two full reads. Contact me so we can chat and figure it out together.
When I edit your work, be it an email, essay, newsletter, or your future bestseller, my main goal is to make it sound polished, but more importantly, I will keep your voice. These are your words, not mine, and this is the most important thing to keep intact.
I use the Track Changes option in MS Word, and you can keep or disregard any suggestion I make. For reference, I stick to the 17th Edition of Chicago Manual of Style for a style guide, and I use Merriam-Webster for the dictionary. When the need arises, I will also create a style guide specific to your piece for consistency. For questions or more information, drop me a line. I’m always happy to help.
- Beta readers share general thoughts on your piece. We offer advice on how to strengthen your story, and we point out what works and what doesn’t. I’ll read it, and I’ll send you an evaluation of your manuscript.
- This is a big-picture look at your manuscript. I will point out parts in your story where readers may get confused, where the plot and/or character development doesn’t line up, and I’ll suggest general changes that strengthen your work. This doesn’t include copyediting (although I will fix any egregious errors that I spot). Keep in mind that I’m not rewriting your piece – it’s still all yours. We will have an ongoing exchange, and I will guide you through suggestions.
- Copyediting begins with a simple read for grammar, spelling, and punctuation. It ends with a more substantive edit. That’s where I will strengthen sentence structure or freshen up your piece. I will go through, line by line, to make sure every word works with the ones prior and subsequent.
- Proofreading is a shortened version of copyediting. I will read for grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Sometimes, the blinking cursor is daunting. Other times, you know exactly what you want to say, but you can’t find the right voice. If you need someone to write copy for your website, I provide the research and the words.
Hear from people I've worked with.